NPFS works with community agencies including Juvenile and Adult corrections, schools, Medical community, School Districts and others. We also provide DUII services.
We currently have an opening for an alcohol/drug counselor. Hours are to be determined. Some evenings are required. Interns and those willing to work on CADC certification will be considered. Prefer CADC certified person, QMHP is a bonus.
In this position, you would fulfill the following essential functions:
• Conduct screening and assessment activities to determine substance use level of care and functioning, and recommend a clinical course of treatment based on individual needs.
• provide after care and monitoring of recovery efforts upon discharge from in patient treatment.
• Provide services that are family and community oriented, non judgmental, gender and culturally competent.
* Provide family education, groups and individual sessions.
• Provide case management, resource information and referral services.
•Possible involvement in DUII program
This position also requires the following qualifications and experience:
* High school diploma or GED
• completion or willing to complete core addiction classes needed for CADC certification.
• Able to pass a background check and have a minimum of 1 year sobriety. (a legal background does not automatically disqualify applicants)
• Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor I (CADC I) or CADC interns with capacity to secure within 15 months of employment.